Re: Insteon -- Any New Experiences?

Yes, I'm anxious to learn more about the Hawking product once it comes
out this summer.  I've been following zigbee for a while, but this
seems to be the first announced product for the HA market.  But not
expecting it to be cheap at first.

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm biased but, yes, I definitely have no
love lost toward PLC.  (Ok....I'm biased.)  My x10 network is working
acceptably at the moment.  But I can't understand why a module location
can work fine for months and then become useless.  It seems to happen
once or twice a year and bugs the heck out of me because the family
always comes to me to complain about it.  Regarding sweet spots, I
definitely do find dead spots even with my repeatered signal bridge.
I'm not sure their cause is as simple as a capacitor between hot and
neutral.  More likely it's line noise from a switching power supply.