Re: TV Lift

> IF you should decide to use a ready-made solution, I can order Auton for
you.  I
> don't advertise them on my website.  If you want one let me know and I'll
pass
> it along at cost.

I appreciate the offer but I know the cost!  That's *why* I want to build my
own!!!!  My needs aren't necessarily for lifting heavy TV's (perhaps Auton
will drop their prices when big CRT TV's become history) but for helping my
arthritic parents access things like the dog dishes that are becoming harder
and harder for them to do.  I think in this case, I can use a pantograph
lift system because there's not much weight to a bowl of kibble but for
others, I'll probably need a lift screw.

What I'd really like is some system where all the low cabinets had some way
of presenting their contents at waist height.  Ever see those filing cabinet
systems that operate on a carousel?  That's sort of the idea.

I've bought all sorts of pickup wands and graspers, but the ideal solution
would be a shelf that slides forward and then up in each cabinet.  I know
it's not immensely practical, but I can't think of any other way to restore
access to the whole world of low shelves and cabinets.  My folks are
determined to stay out of a retirement/nursing home as long as they can so
I'm looking for creative ways to make that happen.

--
Bobby G.