Re: Wireless thermostat

On 9 Mar 2006 21:08:20 -0800, aaronfude@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I work 30 min away from home and have to stay at work unpredictably
>long.
>
>Is there such a thing as a wireless thermostat - in the sense that I
>can login to it and turn the heat on as I'm leaving work. (There are
>wireless cameras, why not a wireless thermostat?)
>
>Many thanks in advance!
>
>Aaron Fude

If you are a DIY type and like to tinker and make things for
little $$$, you can make something like my servo setup below to
control a standard type of t-stat over the net. This setup would
also allow the computer to control the t-stat via the windows
scheduler. The bottom link is a DIY pan/tilt cam that uses the
same servos as the t-stat gizmo, so you can see how easy it would
be to control over the net.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/t-stat.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm