Re: Wireless thermostat

I've been working on a remote control thermostat "Cricket" and more, I
recently posted "Elephant" which is a very inexpensive HA server (my
web pages run on it) and I'm working on perl scripts to control the
serial port.  Although the Green Elephant uses a recycled PC I would
recommend a VIA EPIA PD 6000 (fanless) for the mainboard (4 serial
ports and 2 Ethernet ports) It's tiny as it's a Mini-ITX and has plenty
of 12V power options.
 I'm thinking of hooking up an 80W 12V solar panel and large 24AH
GelCell to run it and the cable modem.

Bill

www.myblueroom.com