Re: TV Lift

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:Kb6dncucasMT57fZnZ2dnUVZ_s2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> First, the URL!  www.leedickinson.com/projects
>
> Looks nice, how about some pix of inside the cabinet?

I've uploaded a few more:  www.leedickinson.com/projects

no. 4 is closer up, watching TV.

no. 5 shows inside the screen cabinet. Note all the spare connectors on the
screen for audio, composite video, etc. I'm thinking of cutting those off,
though I'm hesitant to destroy the breakout cable. If I were doing this in a
pro install, I'd build a wooden conduit  box to match the cabinetry. Because
of stud locations, I had to dogleg mine over to the right, as you can see.

no. 6 and 7 are the lower cabinets, one with the PC and one with most of the
cabling. 6 is a corner cabinet. Took me a while to find a PC case that fit
perfectly. My first microATX machine!  7 shows the cables coming in through
the adjascent drawer unit.

My system uses CompUSA's cheapest powered speakers. I'm finding I use it an
aweful lot for listening to music during dinner, so I'll probably upgrade
the speakers in short order.

Speakers and IR reciever (visible in no.2) are simply hot glued to the
underside of the cabinet. :)