Re: TV Lift

> no. 4 is closer up, watching TV.

In the pro_lift2 image it appears as though the mounting plate is torqued a bit.
Assuming it's not just a distortion in the image, that can happen if the weight
of the projector is unevenly distributed.  The simple solution is to add a
coup-le of small weights to balance the load.  We did that when installing a
projector for a church one time because the plate wouldn't sit flush with the
ceiling tiles when retracted.

> no. 5 shows inside the screen cabinet. Note all the spare connectors on the
> screen for audio, composite video, etc. I'm thinking of cutting those off,
> though I'm hesitant to destroy the breakout cable. If I were doing this in a
> pro install, I'd build a wooden conduit  box to match the cabinetry. Because
> of stud locations, I had to dogleg mine over to the right, as you can see.
>
> no. 6 and 7 are the lower cabinets, one with the PC and one with most of the
> cabling. 6 is a corner cabinet. Took me a while to find a PC case that fit
> perfectly. My first microATX machine!  7 shows the cables coming in through
> the adjascent drawer unit.
>
> My system uses CompUSA's cheapest powered speakers. I'm finding I use it an
> aweful lot for listening to music during dinner, so I'll probably upgrade
> the speakers in short order.

You might want to have a look at Proficient Audio speakers.  They're
surprisingly good for architectural speakers.  I used their C800 model in the
covered lanai on my previous house and they sounded great.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.