Re: Remote Car Battery Voltage Monitoring

I have a car at a second home that sits for months without use and a
marine battery that sits in a small sailboat to power a bilge pump and
lights. For the boat, I found a flexible, waterproof solar panel at West
Marine that keeps the battery fully charged. In 4 years I've never had
to charge it with anything else. For the car, I use a Battery Tender Jr.
to keep the battery "ready-to-start" and it works well. Rather than
monitoring the battery's condition remotely, in both cases I just use
the chargers and never have to worry about it. If the car has a lighter
socket, power outlet that's always on you can just plug it in that way.
 http://tinyurl.com/k9w56 shows the Battery Tender Jr. and you can buy
it for under $30 at places like Pep Boys.