Re: I think they've done it again.

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>> However, in one post "SmarthomeJohn" says they found it was the triac while
>> in another he says they found it was the choke. I would reserve judgement.
>
>I'm still not clear how this effects dimmers made by other companies.

Nor am I unless it is the choke and high amplitude triac switching
transients are getting to the powerline. I think Lutron dimmers are
susceptible to this - it may be why Lutron sells inline chokes for it. The
report about Leviton made X-10 dimmers flickering came from a reliable
source who posts here frequently while I think some of those reporting in
the other forums qualify as "usual suspects". ;)

I wonder whether anyone with both Insteon and UPB has seen a problem when
sending UPB which deliberately puts high amplitude transients on the line?