Re: I think they've done it again.

Jeff,

I understood what you were describing. I just don't think that would happen.
Normally, I would expect that the earliest the triac is triggered (full
bright) would be just after the Insteon control signal ends at ZC+1023µS.

If it were switched off early, the electronics should still detect ZC (and
maybe detect 232 of them caused by the control signal before true ZC). I
think it likely the triac will be triggered on at the normal point after the
true ZC.

In most of the reports, the Insteon device is at about 20% dim level when
the flicker occurs. This would put the triac switch-on point well past the
ZC.