Re: installing ethernet RJ45 and faceplate

Hi Jim,

Wire it all straight-through, using the "B" standard as indicated on the
RJ45 jack.

I suspect your tool is damaging the contacting blades inside the jack.  Home
Depot has a plastic punch down tool, I've seen it for sale for a couple
bucks. They also come included with the 10 packs of RJ45 jacks.

E. Lee Dickinson
Entertainment Design and Technology