Re: X-10 Mister House Motion sensor problems

Dave & Scott wrote:

> > Bobby will use it with a BX24-AHT (discontinued) which can receive the
> > security RF codes.
> >

> I don't have one of those or the expertise/knowledge to build one myself
> (looks like it was something you designed/built?).  Is that the only way
> to make use of those motion sensors outside of the x10 security system?

You might be able to find used BX-24 AHT's by asking around.  I did.  Jeff
may have some circuit boards left for you to roll your own.  I'll bet people
might part with boards - a number of them were sold on Ebay a few months
back and then you'd have to find a "contract solderer" to build it.  I
believe all the parts are still quite available.

(If there's anyone out there who would like to build one for a fee, please
speak up now!)

Finally, there's (I believe) an FCC UN-approved device that does something
similar.  It's the WGL-800.  I don't know much about the details but you
could search Google.

--
Bobby G.