Re: X-10 Mister House Motion sensor problems

There's nothing that a solder-averse individual can do with the mangled
TM751. For someone who can solder, it's possible to put a small 1:1 SMT
isolation transformer in the antenna circuit and use an efficient external
antenna. But, this isn't really worth the effort as the TM751 is not all
that good even with a better antenna.

When you have the BX24-AHT working, you can probably get rid of all of your
other transceivers. If using a CM11A with the BX24-AHT, it will stop sending
as soon as it detects a collision so, if you do retain other transceivers,
it will not add to the chaos.

You can program the BX24-AHT to respond (or ignore) the RF from the motion
detectors. With a CM11A, it's about the same speed as MS -> RR501 -> PLC.
You can also tell it to ignore some RF to avoid clogging the powerline with
superfluous traffic.

If you want better motion detection, use the X-10 security motion detector.
I've found it to be several orders of magnitude more reliable that the
EagleEye or HawkEye. I've had one for 4-5 years and am still on the initial
battery. The BX24-AHT will also report RF from the door/window switches.

One of theses days I will adapt the PIC I programmed as a generic ADC RF
input node to use the transmitter in the door/window switch. Jeff Volp
suggested doing something similar with an EagleEye or Hawkeye but I think
the door/window switches are better for this. They're about $10 each in a
3-pack.

BTW, my plans to port the AHT code to the ZX-24 are on indefinite hold. I've
come to the conclusion that the ZX-24 isn't really ready for use by anyone
other than experimenters. I'm afraid the support burden would be
overwhelming.