Re: What can I replace this latching relay system with?

"Steve Wechsler" <swechsler@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Don't you just hate it when things are done properly?

Speaking of doing things properly, there are very few options that are going
to allow your house to pass inspection once you decide to modify the system.
If I were you, I'd want something that you allows you to restore back to the
old GE system, which apparently passes code or passed code once upon a time.
A valid certificate of occupancy is not an intangible benefit in the real
estate world.

If you can't design a "loosely coupled" retrofit,  be very careful about
what you select.  Try to find out before sinking $$$ into something whether
it's likely to be certified by an inspector.  You may want to consider
whether you want to risk making him so frequent a visitor you begin to think
of him as a member of your immediate family.