Re: Budget Butt Set

"BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> Let me know how you like it.

Still haven't replaced the leads.  I've decided I want to put a "quick
change" connector so that I can use a modular plug, alligator clips or
hook-type probes interchangeably.  I noticed in taking it apart that it's
incredibly well gasketed.  Looks as if it might endure complete submersion.
Mine has "RF!" inscribed in magic marker on the inside of the case.
!!!???!!!

Looks very well made - worth the $20 for sure.  Thanks for the tip!

I also got a $4.95 magnifier headband, a 28 LED flashlight ($16) and a 5 LED
headband lamp ($7) that were pretty good deals.  The magnifier has two sets
of flip down lens, a velcro fastener in the back and a little swing away
spot magnifier.  A very good deal for $5.  I love the flashlight - it puts
all similarly sized incandescent ones to shame.  Not sure it will stand up
or what will happen when an LED fails but it produces incredibly even and
bright illumination that's far "cooler" that a regular flashlight bulb.
Much easier to read by.

Finally got my 50 ohm coax so I can move forward again on the BX-AHT now
that it's going to be turbocharged via the XTB.
X-10 life certainly got a whole lot better since the XTB arrived.  So far,
the increased transmitter power hasn't caused any unwanted side effects that
I can see.

--
Bobby G.