Re: Weird Insteon behavior

"BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:YLArg.12916$MF6.6535@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Warranty isn't an issue as these are all less than 4 months old. What IS
> a concern is that these things would create a fixed and repeatable
> change such as they have. The WAF went way down on this because it's the
> kitchen lighting that's acting up. I'll try doing factory resets on
> these and see if reprogramming helps.

Interesting.  Of all the places to fail, it failed in the kitchen where the
WAF considerations are perhaps the highest.  Self-reprogramming is, IMHO, as
bad as any of the flaws plaguing X-10.  I wonder if these are just "settling
in" issues that will disappear in the next iteration of the product line.
On the other hand, combining X-10 and Insteon may have been too ambitious an
undertaking from the beginning.

On a completely unrelated topic, the "All" butt sets arrived today and I
can't seem to get them apart at the end where the cord goes in.  It looks as
if there's a screwhead beneath the swivel hook.  There's also a round, black
plastic cover that's near an existing screwhole but that's too far away to
be keeping the case together.  Is there a lip or something I'm not seeing?

--
Bobby G.