Weird Insteon behavior

I have an Insteon switch that when pressed turns on it's own load and
one other switch that it is crosslinked to. Been working fine for the
month or two it's been installed.  We went away for 3 weeks and upon our
return we now find that after the switch is turned on and the
crosslinked switch turns on as it should, two other switches also turn
on about 3 seconds later!.  It's as if they linked themselves while we
were gone. No one was here to play with them.
  At least for me, Insteon is turning out to be just as buggy as X10.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet but I may be selling a load of
Insteon stuff for half price pretty soon.