Re: Weird Insteon behavior

To open the butt set remove the two screws from hanging loop at the top,
2 screws in the handle, and the two screws on the cord strain relief.
The screw under the clip remains in place.  As you suspected, there are
two internal clip tabs that keep the bottom together but you can either
just pull them apart by tilting the top forward and wiggling the case or
slide a credit card in from the bottom to release them. The circuit
board has wires attached to both halves of the housing so don't pull too
hard! The cord ends are spade tips and just unplug so you can plug your
new cord in. Do observe polarity! Let me know if you have any questions
on it.