Re: Weird Insteon behavior - just got weirder!

> "BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Warranty isn't an issue as these are all less than 4 months old.
>> What IS a concern is that these things would create a fixed and
>> repeatable change such as they have. The WAF went way down on this
>> because it's the kitchen lighting that's acting up. I'll try doing
>> factory resets on these and see if reprogramming helps.
>
> Interesting.  Of all the places to fail, it failed in the kitchen
> where the WAF considerations are perhaps the highest.
> Self-reprogramming is, IMHO, as bad as any of the flaws plaguing
> X-10.  I wonder if these are just "settling in" issues that will
> disappear in the next iteration of the product line. On the other
> hand, combining X-10 and Insteon may have been too ambitious an
> undertaking from the beginning.

OK, those following this thread know that after being away for 3 weeks,
we came home to find that a switch in the kitchen would turn on itself
and one other switch as programmed but had "added" the function of also
turning on two other switches that it was NOT programmed to do (they are
all in the same 4 gang box).  It would do this 100% of the time - not an
intermittant behavior.  Weirder Part: Now it works correctly again.
Approx. 48 hours later it started working correctly again - 100% of the
time.  No loads were added or subtracted.  My one great hope for this
system is that replacing the 2414X Translator with the upcoming RoZetta
will solve these problems.