Re: My latest cool DIY automation idea

"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> I'm still pretty proud of my kitchen cabinet screen
> (www.leedickinson.com/projects), but need to move the computer out of the
> kitchen cabinet. I'm having heat buildup problems and space issues.

http://www.leedickinson.com/projects/kitchenpc6.jpg

That looks suspiciously like a mini-ITX next to that colander.  :-)

I asked my wife where we should mount an LCD display in the kitchen.  Her
first answer was that the microwave should be able to switch between clear
window and LCD screen.  While that would be nice, I don't think I'm going to
be able to do it.

The second choice was behind the sink where the backsplash is so that she
can watch TV while working at the sink.  I want a screen I can see from the
breakfast table but I also would like one that I can see from near the
fridge so I can enter items that need reordering.

I am definitely mounting the PC outside of the kitchen area because all
space there is spoken for and even a Mini-ITX format takes too much space.

--
Bobby G.