My latest cool DIY automation idea

Ok, not ground-breaking, but new to me.

For those of you don't know, i've been self-installing an Elk
security&automation panel [think ADT on steroids], and building out my Home
Automation/Home Theater automation.

I went down a route where every single room is it's own audio zone. that
means I will have 10 zones in my house, even though it's only 1650 sqft big.
I just thought there would be an oppty with having room-level control, as I
could automate it. I'm using a ZPR68 + EXP9 to manage the hardware-level
distro.  I also went down a route where I put motion detectors in every
single room, incl the bathrooms. Clearly vast overkill for security
purposes, but again, I just thought there'd be value in knowing if/when a
room is occupied. I'm using CQC to manage both of them, as well as screen
presentment to the user.

Well, I  just worked something out over on cocoontech, looks like my
theories may actually work out in a fashion without having to spend any more
$$.
I'm going to setup CQC & the Elk to turn off speakers and lighting(future)
if there's been no motion in a room for 5 minutes. The design looks like it
would be trivial as I could have CQC set Output208on if the familyroom
speakers are turned on. In the Elk, I could then do;
WHENEVER FamRmMotion IS VIOLATED AND Output208 IS ON
THEN TURN Output207 ON for 5 Minutes Restart if running

WHENEVER Output207 TURNS OFF and Output208 IS ON
THEN TURN Output208 OFF

I'll create a triggered event in CQC that says something like
IsFldChangeFor("elk-driver.Output208?) send false to the FamRm ZPR68 Power
(turn off the power in that zone)

I guess if I wanted to get complex, I could do an
IsEqual("elk-driver.Output208?,False), but the only thing that'd be changing
that would be the Elk.

Gotta love it when 2 seperately created, organically designed plans come
together and actually have synergy.

Note: I am a mere end-user with no financial stake in any products that I
may discuss.

My Personal Website w/my Home Automation PC:
http://www.myhomeautomationpc.com, last updated 4/11

My Home Automation Blog: http://homeautomation.wordpress.com/