Re: My latest cool DIY automation idea

"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:e8mkss$jss$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> "IVB" <ivb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> can be accessed via the inwall touchscreens
>
> What are you using for touchscreens?

A Fujtisu 3400 tablet PC w/touchscreen. The first one cost me $250 6 months
ago, just picked up a 2nd one for $160 [both off eBay]. It's aesthetically
"ok", responsiveness is decent but I needed to create bigger buttons. It's
passive touch, so you can use your finger, but my wife opted to put a
ballpoint pen with the tip removed on top of the frame as her hands are
always messy since it's in the kitchen.

I got pics of the whole install project here, haven't updated it since I
buried the 12VDC line. Pretend the wire isn't there in the last pic, and
you've basically got it.

http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=1012&highlight=wallmounted

This is the interface set that I use with it. You can see how the buttons
are a little bigger than what most would use.
http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=1429