Re: x10 arrrrrrrrrrrrggggg

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:WvCdna3KuNhfjEDeRVn-vg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Sorry, I can't help with the software. It's not unusual for new X-10
> > software to have problems.
>
> New?  Just new?  More like "all X-10 software".  The stuff's just junk.
And
> so's the hardware.

I'll agree that some of the HW and most of the SW is junk, but if you
understand the limitations of the system, there's nothing that even touches
the price point.  It's an entry level system that most people can afford.  A
lot of people can't handle anything much more complex than X-10, either.
Insteon will probably supplant it, but very, very slowly.  The endless tide
of used X-10 goods on Ebay tells me that there's an enormous amount of X-10
stuff in circulation.  I think people will still have X10 gear running 10
and maybe even 20 years from now.  I still have units that have been running
that long.

--
Bobby G.