Re: x10 arrrrrrrrrrrrggggg

Are you also using a Hawkeye motion detector?  Tell us more about what you
have plugged in and how it's plugged in.

The Hawkeye motion detectors will turn a lamp on (E16 in your case) but when
they see that it's dark out, they well turn ON the next unit code.  Since
there's no E17, the Hawkeye "rolls over" and goes back to the start. That's
E1 in your setup.

A good rule of thumb with Hawkeyes is to leave the next unit unassigned.
Set your lights to respond to either unit codes 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 or
2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16.  This way, the +1 "feature" acts on an unassigned unit
code and does nothing.

IIRC, on the later models of Hawkeyes you can defeat the dawn/dusk feature
either via a setting or by covering the internal photocell with black tape
or shrink tubing.

--
Bobby G.