Re: Insteon with 400amp service (2 panels)

on 1/16/2006 1:21 PM none carved the following into a picnic table:
> Lewis Gardner wrote:
>>
>>> I've assumed that breakers on one side of the box
>>> are on the same phase.
>>
>> It depends on the box.
>>
>> Most boxes alternate "phase" on each side so a double pole breaker
>> (220v) terminals are next to each other.
>>
>> ASCII art of common "phase" layout in breaker box.
>> A and B are the "phases".
>>
>> A  A
>> B  B
>> A  A
>> B  B
>> A  A
>
> In my electrical box it's slightly different (Federal Pioneer 100Amp
> service box).
>
> It's:
>
> A  A
> A  A
> B  B
> B  B
> A  A
> A  A
> B  B
> B  B
> etc.
>
> Trash

My 20 year old 200 Amp General Electric box is like this last layout as
well.  Long ago, I installed one of those capacitors* in my breaker box
to bridge X10 signals, which worked pretty well until my CM11a
continually got weaker and weaker. Now it seems to work pretty well for
Insteon as well.  I don't have any RF units, but my Insteon signals seem
to reach every corner of a 2800 sq ft home on both phases with no problem.

* http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5852603891
--
Scott Knight