Re: ADI SpeakEasy (was Re: Suggestions wanted for Motion Detector delay/time-out)

Hi Dave!

I believe you are correct that you can run all ADI equipment on AC or DC.
The SpeakEasy however comes with a 12vac supply.

Here's Guy Lavoie's explanation of why from:

http://www.appdigsupport.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000414#000000

"Normally an AC supply is recommended for the speakeasy to avoid the
noticable ripple of cheap DC supplies which only have a half wave rectifier,
but your unit mentions "IC Regulator", which means it looks like a better
made unit that puts out constant, filtered DC. In that case, you would be
better off sticking to that one."

Based on this explanation, it sounds like it would work on 12vdc from a
battery supply or a good 12vdc supply?

John W