Re: Z-Wave RF range

"Joerg" <notthisjoergsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de
news: 8cmhh.34612$wP1.6390@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> next I used the 2 dimmer that were kind of in the middle of the house,and
>> I got more consistent communication,but still some problem,what I do
>> notice is that those 2 dimmer have a very poor range, less then 10 feet
>> if all by themselves,being in a enclosed metallic box must not help
>>

> 10ft sounds wrong. I'd contact the manufacturer, something must be broken.
> Unless you have a strong noise source on that frequency range like a
> babyphone or something like that. Or a cordless phone because some of them
> constantly chat with the base so they can beep if you walk out of range.

As soon i left the dimmer hanging by the wire outside of the metalic box,i
was getting better range,having to change my metal box for plastic one is
what i call a bis stop sign for most DIY,i dont care i am an electrician and
an alarm technician(top that with an electronic collegial degree,speciality
telecom)

all the device have been sent back to the web syte owner for full refund...

> Just came back from the wood pile. Even the tarp over that is aluminum
> backed. And this is not some super-tarp but the usual Costco edition.

they dont use that type of stuff in the south....