Re: Smarthome PowerLinc 1132B frequent failures

"random735" <random735@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> makes sense.  sounds like it was just a coincidence then, I guess it's
> time to invest in
> TW523.  Are there any theories on why the XTB might interfere w/ 1132B
> plc reception, but not TW523 plc reception?  (i know, now i'm thread
> jacking, sorry)

There were some reports of noise sensitivity back when the 1132 came out.
The XTB has an amplifier in the return signal path to restore signal lost in
the coupling networks, but that will also amplify any noise on the line with
content in the 120 KHz region.  So line noise is one possibility.

The XTB was designed to work with a typical X10 receiver design, such as in
the TW523.  The 1132 design is significantly different, and its
characteristics may deviate enough to cause a problem.

Jeff