Re: What would you do differently if you were to automate a new home from scratch?

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 09:34:51 -0400, "Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message  <O-KdnTN2d_XhjnrZnZ2dnUVZ_qqdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> As for the 230 volts issue, yes, if Carlos is from Mexico I would
>> advise him to take a look a Lonworks, also a very powerful and future
>> proof system.
>
>Pfft, future-proof?  Hell, LonWorks is PRESENT PROOF!
>
>LonWorks was/is a great idea that they utterly failed to implement at a
>residential level.  It might be great for industrial purposes but it has
>not place in the home.  At least not with their utter lack of reasonably
>priced and readily available devices suitable for the purpose.

OK Bill, "Tell us what you _really_ think"  ;-)

Note that there was no answer to my question regarding what $<500 software
suitable for HA supported LonWorks/LonTalk.

(However great -- or not -- the hardware, if there in no way to use the
hardware, it is -- by definition? -- useless [Add sound effect of LP record
repeating endlessly in runout groove .. tick, tick, tick . ... ] )

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org