Re: What would you do differently if you were to automate a new home from scratch?

> As for the 230 volts issue, yes, if Carlos is from Mexico I would
> advise him to take a look a Lonworks, also a very powerful and future
> proof system.

Pfft, future-proof?  Hell, LonWorks is PRESENT PROOF!

LonWorks was/is a great idea that they utterly failed to implement at a
residential level.  It might be great for industrial purposes but it has not
place in the home.  At least not with their utter lack of reasonably priced
and readily available devices suitable for the purpose.