Re: What would you do differently if you were to automate a new home from scratch?

Marc is right.  The house I want to automate is in Mexico City (110
VAC), and I travel frequently to the US, so it would be better to have
an American equipment supplier.

BTW, thanks to all of you that have been helping out.  I am still
looking into all technologies that have been suggested... so many of
them...

So far, I like Crestron and AMX, but I am somewhat hesitant because of
their lack of integration to Windows Media Center Edition.  I believe
Microsoft is putting a lot of development effort in MCE, specially now
that, as I read, Apple wants to release their own Media Center software
next year.  And to have specialized propietary software (like the one
for Creston and AMX) makes you somewhat dependant on the original
supplier.

Then again, perhaps I am somewhat confused.  Please give me your
thoughts.

Carlos