Re: What would you do differently if you were to automate a new home from scratch?

Marc_F_Hult wrote:
> On 10 Aug 2006 12:17:06 -0700, "Konnexman" <beirao.nuno@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message  <1155237426.353677.200310@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> >I would defenitly go to Konnex or Lonworks
> >
> What moderately priced (<~US$500) 'home automation' software or other
> comprehensive control mechanism that uses Konnex or Lonworks do you suggest?
>
> ... Marc
> Marc_F_Hult
> www.ECOntrol.org

Hi Mark!
Software for home automation in KNX:
Elvis - http://www.it-gmbh.de/indexe.htm
Ipas - http://www.ipas-products.com/ex/s_ovr.php
NETxAutomation - http://netxautomation.com/ENGLISH/
IQhome from eibmarkt -
http://www.eibmarkt.de/IQHOME_Website_EN/iqhomestart.html
...there are many others.
If you want to go for mechanisms, then have a look at:
http://www.eibmarkt.com/cgi-bin/eibmarkt.storefront/44e022b9000b74c8274450f3362b0672/Product/View/e163_3_WE
This one doesn't costs around 800, but look at his functionalities:
http://www.eibmarkt.com/cgi-bin/eibmarkt.storefront/44e022b9000b74c8274450f3362b0672/Product/View/N169500

If you want a low price instalation, go for the "universal interface"
of devices as inputs - if you don't find them, just do a search with
that expression:) :
http://www.eibmarkt.com/cgi-bin/eibmarkt.storefront/44e022b9000b74c8274450f3362b0672/Product/View/N370519
Search also for these: 75342001

In the end, the prices for these articles are not as low as x10, but,
like AMX or Creston, this is not bricolage!

Cheers!