Experience with X10Pro versus old X10?

Hello Folks,

Slowly I am getting sick of aligning X10 modules only to have it or
another one fail again next month. What if I threw some X10Pro modules
into the mix, in the more difficult locations? Are they really so much
better?

Google searches yielded contradictory results. Some links mentioned that
a few Pro appliance modules aren't much different inside, others say
they all have AGC and more sensitivity. There isn't much info on mixed
use (Pro and non-Pro modules).

X10 runs a special with two app modules and two lamp modules right now.
Tempting, but I don't want to try this stuff only to discover it's no
good either. One issue with the old style modules is the "filter"
circuit which, when I measured it, turned out to be more of a barn door
than a filter so fish out the 120kHz signal.

So, those of you who have used X10Pro, do you think it's worth it?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com