Re: [AD] My Linux HA book is done! (yeah :-)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:17:53 -0400, Marc_F_Hult wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:17:36 -0500, Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message  <slrnef9870.76l.njc@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:54:01 -0400, Marc_F_Hult wrote:
>>> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:28:48 -0500, Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>>> message  <slrnee4m5g.pce.njc@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

>>> For example, Neil's chapter on rolling your own telephone PBX / VOIP
>>> is worth the price of admission all by itself in my opinion. This
>>> was something that I knew next to nothing about before starting the
>>> read.
>>
>>Wow, thanks that's quite a compliment! It's the chapter I'm most proud
>>of (I spent 3 months on it).
>>

> That's the heart and soul of good teaching:  One person spends a day (or a
> month or a lifetime) conquering a topic and how to communicate it so that
> many others can spend only minutes (or hours or a semester) to grasp the
> essence.
>
> (Would that more folks took the time to consider and refine what they write
> in this newsgroup! )

One of my coworkers bought the book and the Linksys SPA-3102 (replaces
the Sipura SPA-3000). I have both working. He's having trouble with
his setup I'll let you know if I made any errors in the chapter and
what the corrections need to be to get things working. I know I made
one mistake in the dial plan for the SPA (as opposed to the Asterisk's
dial plan). I missed the 7 digit dialing (rats!). I need to provide an
update for that.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site