Re: [AD] My Linux HA book is done! (yeah :-)

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:17:36 -0500, Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <slrnef9870.76l.njc@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:54:01 -0400, Marc_F_Hult wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:28:48 -0500, Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>> message  <slrnee4m5g.pce.njc@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> For example, Neil's chapter on rolling your own telephone PBX / VOIP
>> is worth the price of admission all by itself in my opinion. This
>> was something that I knew next to nothing about before starting the
>> read.
>
>Wow, thanks that's quite a compliment! It's the chapter I'm most proud
>of (I spent 3 months on it).

That's the heart and soul of good teaching:  One person spends a day (or a
month or a lifetime) conquering a topic and how to communicate it so that
many others can spend only minutes (or hours or a semester) to grasp the
essence.

(Would that more folks took the time to consider and refine what they write
in this newsgroup! )

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org