Re: [AD] My Linux HA book is done! (yeah :-)

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:38:46 -0500, Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <slrnee2ctm.nst.njc@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I posted this as an ad because it's for a book you can purchase. I'm
>not really trying to push the book just everyone know I finally
>finished it. :-) Yesterday the book was $15.49 on Amazon, today it's
>$16.49, hurry it might go up again tomorrow (and what are all those
>used books doing on the web pages ;-).
>
>Linux Smart Homes For Dummies
>
>http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0764598236/sr=8-1/qid=1155608626/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-0650614-9774457?ie=UTF8
>
>I've found a few errors and I expect I'll find a few more. Here's a
>link to the errata:
>
>http://www.linuxha.com/FD/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=10
>
>I'll also have various links and corrections posted here:
>
>http://www.linuxha.com/FD/book/addendum.html
>
>Here's the support forums (for my book and Linux HA in general):
>
>http://www.linuxha.com/FD/phpBB2/
>
>Please understand that I have no intention of replacing CHA with my
>Forums. I prefer to post her but I don't want complaints or problems
>with my book filling up CHA (uhm, not that book has that many errors
>;-).

Cool ! And eligible for free shipping to boot. Got a 'Dummy' on the way.

( I'm in the throes reconfiguring my HA systems for parallel use of inputs
by more than one control system. There's no insurmountable obstacle to
Linux-based controller(s) or devices being used in parallel with other
PC-based controllers (CyberHouse, CQS, Homeseer) or microcontrollers, for
sensor and actuator data that stays in the analog realm within the signal
path. Let them compete for authority and control, as it were ... ;-)

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org