Re: [AD] My Linux HA book is done! (yeah :-)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:27:09 -0400, Marc_F_Hult wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:38:46 -0500, Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message  <slrnee2ctm.nst.njc@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>>I posted this as an ad because it's for a book you can purchase. I'm
>>not really trying to push the book just everyone know I finally
>>finished it. :-)

> Cool ! And eligible for free shipping to boot. Got a 'Dummy' on the way.

But only if you order more than $25 (US).

> ( I'm in the throes reconfiguring my HA systems for parallel use of inputs
> by more than one control system. There's no insurmountable obstacle to
> Linux-based controller(s) or devices being used in parallel with other
> PC-based controllers (CyberHouse, CQS, Homeseer) or microcontrollers, for
> sensor and actuator data that stays in the analog realm within the signal
> path. Let them compete for authority and control, as it were ... ;-)

There's nothing in this book about bringing up a controller with Linux
but another author will have an article in the September or October
Linux Journal to that effect. I'll let him speak for himself in case I
wasn't supposed to say anthing about it. I know I'll be buying a copy.

I just took a look on Amazon and there's a $14.87 under 4 new and
used! My gosh I'm being discounted liked a can of beans. :-)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0764598236/ref=dp_olp_2/002-4461085-7076045?ie=UTF8

I feel sorry for those in the UK, they want $50. I don't know if it's
Euro's, Pounds, or Dollars. That's really too expenzive!

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site