Re: [AD] My Linux HA book is done! (yeah :-)

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:28:48 -0500, Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message  <slrnee4m5g.pce.njc@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:27:09 -0400, Marc_F_Hult wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:38:46 -0500, Neil Cherry <njc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>> message  <slrnee2ctm.nst.njc@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>>>I posted this as an ad because it's for a book you can purchase. I'm
>>>not really trying to push the book just everyone know I finally
>>>finished it. :-)
>
>> Cool ! And eligible for free shipping to boot. Got a 'Dummy' on the way.
>
>But only if you order more than $25 (US).
>
>> ( I'm in the throes reconfiguring my HA systems for parallel use of inputs
>> by more than one control system. There's no insurmountable obstacle to
>> Linux-based controller(s) or devices being used in parallel with other
>> PC-based controllers (CyberHouse, CQS, Homeseer) or microcontrollers, for
>> sensor and actuator data that stays in the analog realm within the signal
>> path. Let them compete for authority and control, as it were ... ;-)
>
>There's nothing in this book about bringing up a controller with Linux
> [...]

But I think that there is ;-) -- at least by my own slippery definition of
'controller', which can include controlling only part(s) of a 'federated'
system.

For example, Neil's chapter on rolling your own telephone PBX / VOIP is worth
the price of admission all by itself in my opinion. This was something that I
knew next to nothing about before starting the read.

I even got to like the writing style. (The "Dummy" theme grated a bit at
first.)

Well done!  Thanks for your effort. I hope that you earn a nickel or two
also.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org