Re: Help with PL513 X10 Connection to Lynx-R

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 21:24:14 -0700, "Jack" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"G. Morgan" <alarmpro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:20:33 -0700, "Jack" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> >You got me there G. Morgan. I don't know why I assumed your name is
>George.
>>

>> Ahhh. Okay, I'll assume your name really is Jack.
>>
>> Based on what you wrote,  when two wires come together in a scematic
>> they are the same electrical point.
>>
>> However.....  After looking further into what you're doing......
>>
>> If you see page 8 of ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/technicalnote.pdf
>> you'll note 2 & 3 are common which are red and green.  Yellow is term.
>> 13 on the panel (data out) and black is term. 14 (sync).
>>
>> Why aren't you just using the 1332X10 Honeywell transformer instead of
>> the PL513?
>>

>Because I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

LOL....

>I already have the 1332X10
>connected to my panel, but I'm only using the AC connectors. Are you saying
>I can use this instead of the PL513? If so may I ask how should the wires be
>connected? Do I only have to connect three wires instead of the four that
>came with the PL513?

With the 1332X10 connect the other three terminals as described in the
manual and you wont need the PL513.

Connect the "Sync output" to teminal 14
Connect the "X10 Data" to teminal 13
Connect the "signal common" to terminal 9

That's all you need to make your lights blink!

Good Luck,

-Graham