Re: Frustration with X10 Powermid

Are the areas where you have tested near a military base?

It's very common to see reports of the LED flickering on the IR->RF
(transmitter) unit due to the reasons cited earlier. It is not common to see
reports like yours. I dug my Powermid pair out to test and the transmitter
LED flickers almost constantly if the room sees sunlight but the LED in
RF->IR (receiver) unit only illuminates when 418MHz RF is present. I also
tested using a 433.92MHz RF transmitter in close proximity and the receiver
LED never flickered.

It's difficult to imagine what could be transmitting a continuous 418MHz
signal that you would see in all of the locations where you tested. I would
expect there would be complaints from others if the entire area is saturated
with 418MHz RF.

If your other receivers also indicate RF at all the test locations, I would
suggest you take a serious look at the GC-100. Even if you have to add a WAP
in order to reach it via 802.11B, it gets you entirely away from RF in the
418-434MHz bands. If you already have a wireless router just connect the
GC-100 to the wired side of your network.