Re: Frustration with X10 Powermid

>NO, it is not. That is the receiver. See...

Yes, It turns out I'm using the terms receiver and transmitter
backwards from the manufacturer. I thought of them from the standpoint
of transmitting/receiving IR, while they are labeled by whether they
transmit/receive RF. I'll be careful to use the terms correctly in the
future.

>What you describe has near zero probability. Either you live in a parallel
>universe where the laws of physics do not apply or your Powermid RECEIVER is
>defective.

I can only report what I see. I do have two other receivers  (which are
normally not used). I will repeat the outdoor and office tests with
them. In my apartment they all exhbit the same problem.

>Given that you have multiple Powermid transmitters it would make more sense
>to try another receiver

I did try the Terk a couple of years ago, and it worked less well than
the Powermid. I didn't do extensive testing at the time.

Right now I have a universal remote in each room that has a powermid
transmitter. It would be less convenient, but I could just carry the
one urc-9910 remote from room to room, if it actually worked better.