Re: Frustration with X10 Powermid

Thanks for all the responses, but I think I need to clarify some
things.

First of all my recent tests were ONLY with the Powermid transmitter
plugged in. The transmitter is the one with the antenna that receives
RF and outputs IR. As far as I know there is no IR receiver in this
unit.

I assume the glow on the LED in this unit reflects how much RF it has
detected and how much IR it is transmitting.

All my tests were done at night, no sunlight inside or outside. All
outside tests over a several mile range showed a brightly pulsating
LED, as did all locations in my apartment. This included tests in my
apartment with all power cut off at the fusebox, and only the one
powermid transmitter plugged into the UPS.

The tests in the office building were also at night. The building has
all fluorescents. No glow in the interior of the building despite the
fluorescents. Pulsating glow near the windows and entrances.

As far as using a wired repeater, that would be awkward. I have
receivers in 4 different rooms. Just so that there is no confusion, my
tests were done with none of the receivers plugged in.

I would like to try the URC-9910. Can anyone suggest a good place to
buy one, where I can return it if it has the same issue? None of the
big box stores seem to carry it, and froogle seems to only turn up
noname sites with no stock.