Re: Quick opinion poll regarding Bass' multiple "PR" posts

"Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote ...

> I apologize to the people at Comp home automation.
> It's not my intent to get you involved and be a victim of Fat Ass
> Bass's
> abhorrent conduct in ASA.
>Unfortunately for you, almost all the cross posted messages from ASA are
>from people who give the impression that they are far more dishonest and
>bigger assholes that Bass.    That obviously causes their words and those
>that support them in trashing Bass to not carry much weight as truth.

I have NEVER seen any complaints from ANY ASA person about the actions of
the ASA people attacking CHA with obscenities or the recent massive postings
all done in the name of Alt.Security.Alarm .  The rest of the ASA people
cannot say that the don't know this is happening because they almost always
cross post their trash.

If Robert Bass has violated the rules of ASA, the appropriate place to
complain is his provider(s).  Most providers have clauses about various
improper uses of their services.  If the complaints are valid, you can
complain to them.

However, from what I have seen said by people from ASA (occasionally they
try to explain the source of their anger), the creation of the problem was
that Robert  told some users how to "unlock" their equipment when their
alarm dealer refused.  He also posted some things about cheaper monitoring
services.  Apparently some of the ASA members took extreme offense at these
actions and started trashing him.
That part of the batter is a private thing for ASA to resolve.  Sounds like
there is plenty of culpability on both sides, which is my guess why no one
has tried to go through proper complaint methods.

Guess what, there is a full blown war going on that the dishonest members of
your group want to spread to anywhere that Robert goes.

There are a lot of people in ASA that owe the people in CHA a strong apology
and they owe it to their group to tell the people fanning the flames to
stop.  The people who are fanning the flames give the rest of the group a
bad name.

Show that you are better than the other side.  Then they look bad instead of
you.  I would have to say that it includes the use of childish name calling.
What would your customers think if they saw your actions.  That is NOT a
threat but rather something to think about.

P.S.  That is also be my advice to Robert in another message.

--
Bill Fuhrmann