Re: Quick opinion poll regarding Bass' multiple "PR" posts

Jim wrote:

> The point your missing Matt is that if everyone stopped objecting to
> what Fat Ass does, all it means is that he continues doing what annoys
> everyone.

I'm not missing that point.  My point is, the sniping back is at least
half of the noise problem, and it's NOT solving anything.  Neither
"side" here is right.

> The group will remain exactly the way it is until he stops. He is wrong
> in doing what he's done to this Newsgroup. He knows it. YOU know it and
> at this point there is no middle ground.

Sure he's wrong.  That doesn't make you and Frank and crew right.

>>A better way to deal with his poor adivce to queries, then, is to simply
>>provide BETTER advice.  Without the mudslinging.  You can't stop Bass
>>posting what he wants to post; what you CAN do is offer those asking
>>alternate ideas.  In the end, they'll take whichever advice they want,
>>there's not much either of you can do about it.
>>

> Oh bullshit. Sure, we'll just all sit here like little lambs and let
> this rotten son of a bitch run over everyone.

Bass is his own worse enemy.  His every reply, even with their
occaisional modicum of useful info, comes across as condescending,
partronizing tripe.  He's quite capable of turning off potential
customers on his own; if they're not smart enough to clue in on that,
then they deserve whatever befalls them.

He may be running over everyone, but you're coming in right behind and
stomping on the corpses.

> And I'll continue to be as much a disruption to this group as he is

Why?  To what purpose?  It's not going to affect Bass's behaviour,
except maybe to encourage it.  Your complaint is that he's a
disruption... your solution is to be as much if not more of a disruption?

That's just fucked.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0614-1, 04/04/2006
Tested on: 4/5/2006 10:20:56 PM