Re: Quick opinion poll regarding Bass' multiple "PR" posts

This message is cross-posted to CHA & AHA

B Fuhrmann wrote:

> I have NEVER seen any complaints from ANY ASA person about the actions of
> the ASA people attacking CHA with obscenities or the recent massive postings
> all done in the name of Alt.Security.Alarm .  The rest of the ASA people
> cannot say that the don't know this is happening because they almost always
> cross post their trash.

A number of individuals have on occasion cross posted a message.  Most
simply respond without checking.  This just happened to Jim and he's
apologized.  I think most of us are aware of the situation you've just
outlined, but, like Jim, we just tend to hit "reply" then "send" without
looking.

> If Robert Bass has violated the rules of ASA, the appropriate place to
> complain is his provider(s).  Most providers have clauses about various
> improper uses of their services.  If the complaints are valid, you can
> complain to them.

The complaints are valid.  Robert has simply opened an account with
another provider.  That should be evidence enough that at least one more
news service provider has stood behind their Terms of Service.
Unfortunately there are hundreds of providers out there.  He simply has
to move on to the next to continue what he's started here.

> However, from what I have seen said by people from ASA (occasionally they
> try to explain the source of their anger), the creation of the problem was
> that Robert  told some users how to "unlock" their equipment when their
> alarm dealer refused.  He also posted some things about cheaper monitoring
> services.  Apparently some of the ASA members took extreme offense at these
> actions and started trashing him.

Heh.  That is an "oversimplification" my friend, and sounds an awful
like the argument Robert frequently puts forth to explain why he's
despised here.  Sounds to me like you've fallen for his "Mantra" hook,
line, and sinker.  It goes much deeper than that but of course you're
not interested in that.  You're not interested in how he attacks anyone
that doesn't agree with him.  Google "Firetek" in the Group and have a
look at how Robert reacted to him.  How would you respond to "drop dead
and on the way down hit your head"?  How did Firetek respond?

> That part of the batter is a private thing for ASA to resolve.  Sounds like
> there is plenty of culpability on both sides, which is my guess why no one
> has tried to go through proper complaint methods.

Ahhhh...   So we are to blame for Robert not following the Group's
Original Purpose Message and FAQ...  I see...  If I sell you a hand gun
and you go out and murder your wife, is that my fault too?  Or the gun
manufacturer?

> Guess what, there is a full blown war going on that the dishonest members of
> your group want to spread to anywhere that Robert goes.

"Dishonest members"?  Which ones have you judged "dishonest", and what
criteria have you used to determine their "dishonesty"?

> There are a lot of people in ASA that owe the people in CHA a strong apology
> and they owe it to their group to tell the people fanning the flames to
> stop.  The people who are fanning the flames give the rest of the group a
> bad name.

That's the first thing you've written in this long message that even
approaches a reasonable argument.  For what it's worth, I do apologize
for cross posting a number of messages between here and CHA.  I don't
apologize for cross posting this one though.  It's very relevant to
what's been going on.

> Show that you are better than the other side.  Then they look bad instead of
> you.  I would have to say that it includes the use of childish name calling.
> What would your customers think if they saw your actions.  That is NOT a
> threat but rather something to think about.

First of all, I don't think a lot of my customers come here.  Secondly,
whom do you see posting here??  You obviously don't fully understand the
Group's dynamics if you're using Robert's excuses for the way things are
in here.  Read the Original Purpose Message again.  It's located at
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com/aboutasa.htm.  Then tell me what you
think of dozens of "PR" and "HTML" posts being made into the Group in
the span of a few days.

> P.S.  That is also be my advice to Robert in another message.

I see how you've responded to Robert in that message.  Understand this.
  This is a forum of alarm professionals.  We are not against DIY (as
Robert frequently suggests).  What you guys do in your own home is your
business.  I go out of my way to answer questions from the general
public both in this Group and in the course of my work.  I come here to
share my knowledge, learn about new technology, and fraternize with my
peers.  I'm not engaged in the practice of marketing my products and
services here and I don't run an on line retail store.  I don't
appreciate some unlicensed, installer "wannabee" telling me I'm a liar
and that my company gouges my customers.  I don't lie, and I charge fair
market value for the work that I do and the services I provide.  I don't
have a problem with Robert selling his services to people like you.
I've even helped out a couple of DIYer's here that "got in over their
heads".  I don't appreciate him advertising his services in this Group.
  There are at least three other on line DIY Dealers that participate
here.  Do you see any of them being shown the utter contempt Robert is?
  Do you see any of them posting "PR" and "HTML" garbage into the Group?

Frank Olson
http://www.yoursecuritysource.com

Note:  This message is cross-posted to CHA and ASA