Quick opinion poll regarding Robert Bass

Matt Ion wrote:

> A better way to deal with his advice to queries, then, is to simply
> provide BETTER advice. Without the mudslinging. You can't stop Bass
> posting what he wants to post; what you CAN do is offer those asking
> alternate ideas.  In the end, they'll take whichever advice they want,
> there's not much either of you can do about it.

I agree with Matt's comments.

First of all, I consider myself a disinterested party (more or less).

My company makes some products that can be used for home automation,
but not many are because we don't specialize in that field. I frequent
this newsgroup to get ideas on how our products might be used and to
respond once in a while to an inquiry where it might make sense for
someone to use one of our products.

The Robert Bass bashing I have read is simply amazing! If you folks who
do not like him would spend half the time you use criticizing him on
creating or improving your own (web site) content, messages, press
releases, and advice, this newsgroup would be great, and you would most
definitely increase your status in the HA community.

Robert is successful (as far as I can tell) because he works hard. Yes,
all of that information he makes available (whether it is appropriate
to post on this newsgroup or not) is a lot of hard work.

I suggest you work as hard, and then you might be as successful.
Stop being jealous and get to work!

Gary Peek
Industrologic, Inc.