Re: Quick opinion poll regarding Bass' multiple "PR" posts

Matt Ion wrote:
> Jim wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, simply kill filing him doesn't do anthing at all to
> > discourage him from continuing to plague the group. His reason for
> > being here is to do business. Part of his method is to diparage alarm
> > installation companys. Since all the others in this group except him
> > are in the installation trade, there will never be a time that he will
> > not attack someones credibility or insult someone. He does this on
> > purpose. Take  away his ability to do business here with a constant
> > barrage of objection  ....... his business dies and so does he.
>
> Objection does only one thing for Bass: it encourages him.  "There's no
> such thing as bad press", as they say on Hollyweird.  He's admitted
> openly that his "HTML" posts are done to tweak you and Frank and crew.
> It's nothing but a bunch of mudslinging on both sides, and the only
> people it sticks to are the innocent bystanders.

Well then ....... I guess the term for that is .......... tough shit.

The point your missing Matt is that if everyone stopped objecting to
what Fat Ass does, all it means is that he continues doing what annoys
everyone. He continues to lie to end users. He continues to steal
information from experienced people in this group. He continues to
disparage installation companys because it serves his purpose to make
them look bad so he can entice people to buy from him. He will continue
to draw new posters who come here who don't have knowledge of his bad
reputation, into arguments. He will continue to lie about his
background in the industry. He will continue to skirt the law in his
state regarding providing services that require a license. And he will
continue to hold the group in a state of ransom if we don't do it HIS
way. He want this to be HIS Newsgroup, under his rules. And it's never
going to happen. NEVER. You're also missing the point that he's done
this in other groups. THE VERY SAME THING!  This isn't just a
disagreement of terms. THIS IS INTENTIONAL. And you're saying that
everyone should just ignore what he does and let him run this group and
continue to disparage the people in it ...... just for the sake of
exactly WHAT?

The group will remain exactly the way it is until he stops. He is wrong
in doing what he's done to this Newsgroup. He knows it. YOU know it and
at this point there is no middle ground.

Go away  ........... you're wasting your time. You're only a minor
ripple in a sea of shit.

> > Ignoring him enables him to continue with impunity.
>
> A better way to deal with his poor adivce to queries, then, is to simply
> provide BETTER advice.  Without the mudslinging.  You can't stop Bass
> posting what he wants to post; what you CAN do is offer those asking
> alternate ideas.  In the end, they'll take whichever advice they want,
> there's not much either of you can do about it.

Oh bullshit. Sure, we'll just all sit here like little lambs and let
this rotten son of a bitch run over everyone. We'll just answer
questions while this asshole takes potshots at every reply and person
he disagrees with. He's a fucking asshole from hell and that's exactly
where he's going to stay.

And I'll continue to be as much a disruption to this group as he is and
you can take his advice on it.   "You don't run this group and you
can't tell anyone what to do here. If you don't like it, you can leave.
"

You can thank him for that ......