Re: Standalone remote monitoring devices

tcmontanye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> ...I received some
> disturbing news last night, it seems that someone already attempted a
> break-in.  It's disgusting to think you can't leave your home without
> having someone try to steal your belongings.  Luckily, I have plenty of
> friends/family in the area and they have been stopping in every day.

It's better to notify your local police department and ask for what they call
"extra patrols."  Most are happy to notify officers which cruise your
neighborhood that they should drive by your house whenever possible.  They would
rather scare off a potential thief that way than fill out all the paperwork
after a break-in.

If you do install an alarm system, take special care that there are no false
alarms.  Nothing slows down the response of a police officer more than a string
of false alarms.  "Oh, that guy's alarm again?  I'll get to him AFTER I finish
my coffee."

--
Chuck