Re: Standalone remote monitoring devices

> If you do install an alarm system, take special care that
> there are no false alarms.  Nothing slows down the
> response of a police officer more than a string of false
> alarms.  "Oh, that guy's alarm again?  I'll get to him
> AFTER I finish my coffee."

True indeed.  The best way to reduce false alarms, assuming the hardware is
decent quality and the installation was done correctly, is to make sure that
everyone who uses the alarm system understands it.  A little time spend
educating the family about closing and locking doors and windows, not leaving
Fido running loose with motion detectors armed, etc., will go a long way.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.