Re: Standalone remote monitoring devices

Wow, these are some great suggestions.  Thanks for all the input.  I
think I'm going to go with the X10 telephone responder. I'll put some
motion detectors with strobe lights and sirens inside the house as
well. I see some great X10 packages on Ebay.  I'm replacing all the
outdoor lights with motion activated lights.  I'm hoping I can start
renting the place out in a few months and I won't have to worry about
it as much.  I'm actually out of state right now and I received some
disturbing news last night, it seems that someone already attempted a
break-in.  It's disgusting to think you can't leave your home without
having someone try to steal your belongings.  Luckily, I have plenty of
friends/family in the area and they have been stopping in every day.

        Thanks again for your responses