Re: Insteon - WOW

Nick Hull wrote:
> In article <VUYVf.11758$WK1.7805@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Mitch <sumoldguy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> How does Insteon handle manual (push button) operation of more than 10
> lights?  The only controllers I've found only operate 5.

As far as I know there aren't any controllers like the X10 "maxi
controller".

You basically need a button for each specific device you want to control
because the address space is 16**6 versus X10's 256.

I've only got 2 buttons on the insteon controller doing anything (two
lamps in the livingroom).  I plan to set the other three buttons to scenes.

I also plan to put a touchscreen up for a central controller at some
point in the near future.

Mitch